Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Back to writing!

No Longer Accepting Applications

I’m terminating the search.

I need a man who knows what a woman needs.

My wants will be answered when my needs are met.

The place still stands empty.

The right man will step into it without asking.

So I’m tearing up the questionnaire.

The interviews have ended.

I haven’t made a decision.

I no longer want to choose.

I’m tired.

The position is still open.

I’m no longer actively searching for the fill though.

I am complete on my own until I find my compliment.

My hand is open, not a tight fist closed.

It’s waiting patiently to be held.

I don’t want the magical swept away love.

I need one that can meet me here with two feet planted firmly on the ground.

It will grow with roots intertwined.

Strong roots being a natural occurrence.

It won’t feel forced or coerced.

The man made for the spot will not waiver.

He wants to be my rock and strength.

He sees me as his pillow and refuge.

He needs to be there.

He will know his place when he sees it vacant.

He will approach me and point to the spot.

He will say, “That’s my place and I’m here now.”

He will claim it and be a perfect fit.

He won’t be scared of my past.

He won’t be intimidated of our future.

He will stand strong.

He will simply exist.

Copyright 2009 Natasha Guy

1 comment: