Sunday, September 13, 2009

I Think I’m an Anti-Feminist!

It doesn’t take much to see that I’m a female through and through.

I get the typical insecurities, but I also know what’s true.

The right man will see beauty when he wakes up next to me.

When he puts his hand on my stomach and gets to feel his seed.

He’ll feel that chill creep straight up his spine

When I walk into the room and he says, “She’s mine.”

I don’t mind being claimed, how it sounds or how it seems

Because I know deep down, what being his means.

You see, I don’t mind giving him the final say,

I can’t wait for him to come home to me after a long day.

I dream about giving him a tangible product of love.

Every day I remember to tell him he’s my gift from above.

My man is a true man in everyone’s eyes,

When others find out he’s taken, it comes as no surprise.

I enjoy making him dinner and catering to his every need.

Because I understand that a satisfied man is happy to lead.

Know that men are human, and they too can fall from grace.

But as a woman, know when to stay out of his face.

I don’t challenge his role as a lord in my life.

You see, I’ve researched what it means to be a wife.

When I took his name, he became my covering.

To step out from under him, leaves me vulnerable to all other things.

Women, we don’t need to teach a man how to be a man,

Because if we give them the chance, they will make a stand.

I hate to break it to you, all the daughters of the feminist song,

But someone needs to tell you that mama taught you wrong.

She told you, “You can do anything a man can, just as well as he can.”

Lil’ woman in the making let me tell you something. You can NOT be a man!

Your pants may go on like his do any day of the week,

But your seed won’t produce a child with mine as we both reach that peak!

After I’m done, I’ll give you the time you need to reflect,

But right now most of you are in need of a brutal reality check.

After a hard day’s work, women want to relax, release and relate.

But what we are designed to do in this life is to create.

Create a home for a man out of the four walls that he gives.

Make a homemade dinner out of greens, potatoes and ribs!

What a man brings and lays at our feet,

That’s him sowing, so give him something to reap!

I know some of you are looking at me like I’m out of hand,

But if you back out of that man’s place, he’ll have somewhere to stand.

We go around searching and screaming, “Real men are nowhere to be found.”

Shut that mess up and sit your butt down!

The Bible says a man who finds a wife finds a good thing,

So let him find out who you are before begging for a ring.

Good things come to those who wait,

Stop attacking the man before he gets thru the gate!

Learn how to be a support and a true treasure, a gem,

Let him see that you are the prize that he wants to win!

As a reflection of him, I take pride and delight in my position

Because I am protected by him, I don’t worry about my condition.

This means he takes full responsibility for me.

Not just my body and mind, but even my spirituality.

It is such a relief to finally ease into my place.

Because now there’s less stress to wrinkle my face.

Ladies if you want your man to be a true man,

Take the back seat and give that man room to stand!

Copyright © 2009 Natasha Guy

No comments:

Post a Comment