Thursday, March 4, 2010

Day 15

Don't ask me why I'm still counting. It seems to fit though. I'm not sure if I'm counting down, up or sideways. But hey, it works for me! I have yet to figure out what I'm counting towards. I only know I'm on a mission of sorts. I'm looking to learn along the way...learn more about myself and others with whom I come into contact. And let me tell you, some of you are more than a trip (a bad one at that), some of you are an entire journey all your own. Since we each have our own path, what makes us decide to deviate from it and take a sidebar down someone else's for a moment or two? What is it that grabs YOUR attention enough to step off your individual path? Some folks can be swayed by a sound; some by a vision; others, you have to be tackled and dragged by a pack of wild wolves...and then you may take a peek.

For me, I want a path supplementary to mine, not necessarily complimentary (talking about mathematical angles here folks). Complimentary angles form a cross roads (90 degrees), supplementary angles make a crooked path straight (180 degrees). See where I'm going here? I don't mind my path being tweaked as long as we are both still going straight. I don't want to completely turn someone left or right, neither do I want to be turned that severely. With that being said, how do you get someone else's attention? Some use sex, some use intelligence, some use volume. Independently, those things can draw plenty in, however, how do you get someone to stay? I saw on twitter today "If you ask for attention with your genitals, don't get mad when no one pays attention to anything else." I also saw in a blog (paraphrased here) that straight ladies in a club will act bi-sexual and tongue down their neighbor just to grab the attention of men. Now, granted in a club, I would hope that you are  not searching for your soul mate using those techniques, but really must you go through all that for attention? Likewise, please don't go around spouting "thousand-dollar" words to get someone intelligent and then get upset when they don't laugh at the straws hanging out of your nose.

All I'm saying is let's find balance in what we offer to others as well as what attracts us to others. If I can have big hair, drop a little knowledge on some folks, and make sure my hips sway a certain way, I'm SURE that everyone else can. I want well rounded folks around me. That way, I wont be embarrassed to make introductions all around. Quality people! I will admit, sometimes I look at some of my friends/associates/compadres and think, "I hope no one judges me based on them." It's a sad thought, but it's an honest one. Not that I don't love each and everyone of them for what they bring to my life and I hope they equally, or at least on some level, feel the same towards me. I guess it all boils down to striving to be better as a whole multi-dimensional person versus...well, versus being someone with the consistency of a cartoon that I can draw in a few seconds flat and disregard in the same amount of time. Be memorable. Be supplemental to someone.

Copyright © 2010 Natasha Guy

3 comments:

  1. I really enjoyed that, and agree in most part! You know, only by showing someone your real self you can get the best out them and you. That person may not stay on your path but they will most certainly never forget you! The beauty of living; how we influence each other, it's all choices in the end.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I concur! It's all about choice. And perception is everything!

    ReplyDelete
  3. PRAISE THE LORD! LOL!

    ReplyDelete