Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Day 36

Together

I couldn't take it anymore,
So I stopped.
Now it's your turn.

My heart is so tightly clenched around your soul
that each time you breathe deeply or sigh under a heavy load,
my heart rips just a little more;
pieces falling away like
peeling paint in the searing sun while a dry wind
Blows.

The heart is a muscle
and it repairs itself along the way.
Each rip causing growth and understanding.
Adjusting to the pain, it's all i can do
Not to release blood curdling screams because
That would only make my heart beat harder
And I cant take not one more added ache
Because the walls of my heart have been stretched thin
And they hold on with all their might
Because if they don't, then you will no longer be
In my heart.

I will lay by the wayside, a tangled dismantled mess;
Indescribable to even the keenest of eyes as something that once held love.
You will be covered and drenched in my blood and guilt will surround you.
So you try to hold your breath instead of breathing naturally.
Then, when you turn blue and must gasp for air
Amidst the death grip that my heart uses to love you:
Stretch, rip, bleed.

And so the cycle repeats itself.
My walls wearing thin,
Your lungs begging for air.
Both of us dying.

Copyright © 2010 Natasha Guy

No comments:

Post a Comment