Friday, July 23, 2010

Summer time!

The Dry Swimsuit
It hangs in the closet,
Shrunken from the process.
It will fit when I put it on again.
Maybe I should lose some…wait, I digress.

It’s sitting there staring at me,
Mocking me from the closet;
From the tiny corners of my mind,
Taunting me to call a forfeit.

I’m determined to get into it again.
I remember the last time like it was yesterday.
I swam in a pool of luxury.
I was confident in my play.

Then the Life Guard came around the corner,
He said, “That’s enough play for you.”
I reluctantly got out of the pool.
When I’d swim again, I had no clue.

I had been evicted from romance and love.
The Life Guard said I was having too much fun.
I cried as I hung my swimsuit out to dry.
But there was no point; my swim time was done.

I watched as it dripped dry,
My memories pooling on the floor.
They too chided me,
Singing, “This love is no more.”

So my swimsuit awaits another chance,
To jump in the deep end of the pool of romance.

Copyright ©2010 Natasha Guy

2 comments:

  1. awrighty then! umph! i like, Queen! the layers of this piece..what i got: body image, self acceptance, wanting to be free again, free to be! hit me immediately. first it took me one way on the surface, then took me deeper..

    hmmm...

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad you liked it!!!! Thanks so much for reading :)

    ReplyDelete