Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Reverb10/11: Day 10/11!

10 – Wisdom. What was the wisest decision you made this year, and how did it play out?


The wisest decision I made this year was to let go and move on from some friends/acquaintances that were hanging on like deadwood. It was really hard. They were there for multiple reasons, none of them good. It was difficult to walk away. However, once I cut the connections, I got freedom and lots of it. There is a time and place for everything....and sometimes it's here and now.

11 – 11 Things. What are 11 things your life doesn’t need in 2011? How will you go about eliminating them? How will getting rid of these 11 things change your life?


1. FaceBook games - I took the biggest step, I blocked all my apps. The key is to stay off other gaming sites and not re-add these apps just because my friends miss the seeds/animals/coins/etc that I could give them as a fellow player.
2. Laziness - I will make plans and actually stick to them. I will keep myself busy and going. My January calendar is really full. I'm proud of myself.
3. Procrastination - I will and have contacted others to hold me accountable to things I must/need to do. I'm on the way.
4. Lack of focus - My lists are helping as well as friends and their expectations. Telling folks your plans will help you stay focussed, because they ask how you are progressing on them.
5. Thongs - I've tried...for several years...they are still butt floss...uncomfortable butt floss. I just don't wanna try any more! Plus I've found really awesome boyshorts that don't ride AND cover most of my derriere (yayness!).
6. Red lipstick - This is another thing that I try at least once a year. It's NOT for me. The end. I will not purchase another red tube of lipstick this year *footstomp*
7. Long hair - I think I want to force myself to do more with my hair this year. The only way to do that is to keep it short. The longer it gets, the more the option of a ponytail becomes real.
8. Headaches - This one is easy...kinda. If I constantly took my medication...it may help *sigh*
9. Confusion - This is where the lists come in again. I'm always feeling lost. If I make maps, I won't get lost...hopefully =) Here's a toast to maps, like to-do lists and daily planners!
10. Frienemies - I can constantly do without these folks. I am always on the hunt to scout them out and rid them from my social circles. The drama free zone lets in so much more positivity. It's not hard to be positive when you have metaphorically clear and sunny days.
11. Fear - This is my biggest hurdle. However, I've already started jumping it. I made it over the first one, didn't even graze the bar. *sticks out chest*

Copyright © 2011 Natasha Guy

1 comment:

  1. It took years for me to really get into the facebook games and it will probably take a little while to get them out of my system. *sigh*

    I have a problem with confusing being tired with being lazy. There's no way in the world that I am tired the entire weekend, but that doesn't stop me from lollygagging.

    There are so many other things I can relate to in your list but I'm going to stop now. I feel a blog post coming on.

    ReplyDelete