Saturday, January 8, 2011

Reverb10/11: Day 8!

8 – Beautifully Different. Think about what makes you different and what you do that lights people up. Reflect on all the things that make you different – you’ll find they’re what make you beautiful.

Rofl....this question for me? Lord, what DOESN'T make me different? Everything from my thought pattern to my toesox is different. I don't think it makes me beautiful though. It just makes me, me. You see, people will see what they want, when they want and most times it is based on a fleeting feeling anyway. So I don't see in shades of beauty or ugliness (or at least I strive not to); I simply think that at some point in everyone's life, someone has seen some beauty somewhere...even if they themselves haven't seen it in the mirror. I have days when I think I look prettier than the day before, but that doesn't mean that anyone else would agree with me. Beauty, like truth and the concept of what makes a ho a ho, is not objective. The things that color our lives also color our perceptions. So all I can do is try to make sure that who and what I am fit in my perception of who I want to be!

Copyright © 2011 Natasha Guy

No comments:

Post a Comment