Friday, January 7, 2011

Reverb10/11

7 – Community. Where have you discovered community, online or otherwise, in 2010? What community would you like to join, create or more deeply connect with in 2011?


I found "community" where I didn't expect it at all...in the black community. I had that stereotypical "they/we can't unite for anything" attitude...sad but true. But among some of my friends who frequent the activism causes, I've seen that it's not totally true across the board, much like anything else. So I guess I'll offer thanks to those who have introduced me to this side of the community.

I also found community on BlogTalkRadio. Some of it, I have let go and do not wish to reconnect. Other parts have brought dear friends into my life and I'm definitely grateful. Online communities led me to twitter as well. Love it #nuffsaid *gigglez* Of course, to mention online, means I will mention tumblr. I love this lil corner. I've connected with those of you who I do not share much with, other than this tumblr. I think I like that. You never know whose eye you'll catch round these parts. *sings* Reach out and touch....somebody's hand... *gigglez*

Hah...community is about who you attract with strong enough pull to keep them around even when it dissipates.

Copyright © 2011 Natasha Guy

No comments:

Post a Comment