Monday, March 7, 2011

I Wish

If I could find a magic eraser,
One to rub you out completely,
I would be a happy woman.

All I’d have to do is blow a little
To clear the residue you left behind;
No smudges left to mar my paper.

Instead I choose to write in pen,
Unwilling to use even erasable ink.
It never fully disappears anyway.

White out still stands out like a black out,
Even when expertly applied between the lines.
The only solution to complete freedom is burning the paper.

I refuse to let you make everything else worth losing though.
Besides, don’t they usually say we learn from our mistakes?
I won’t allow you to matter enough to change every else.

As a result, my erroneous ways stay with me.
People like you never really make their exit.
So there you sit, like an acne scar on my face.



Copyright © 2011 Natasha Guy

No comments:

Post a Comment