Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Early Morning Leaking

Smoke Signals

Dousing cotton candy dreams in 
An inferno of liquid sorrows.
This is what romanticizing 
Without protection leads to.

But I am resilient; previous
Beautiful blazes prove it.

I've learned exactly how far to
Stand back in mourning while
Glowing embers create
Choreographed reflections in my eyes.

And love's charred corpse
Prevents frostbite on my heart.

Again, I return to witness
The rebirth of the phoenix.
I cast my eyes downward,
Apologetic as she rises.

For I am the one who led her
To yet another fiery demise.

All of the pain involved,
Each tear turned to steam,
Every scream that erupted,
I know that I caused them.

I can't truly apologize because
I have not one regret at all.

I'd still lead her into battle,
Risking it all, for the chance
To experience even the most
Minute sense of endearment.

You don't build Love Eternal by
Fearing dips in the deep end.

Baptizing the soul thoroughly,
Cleansing it of disappointment,
It is my duty to encourage newly
Formed wings to take flight.

Life without love just isn't living.
Without a new heart, it isn't forgiving.

©2013 NLGuy

2 comments: