Wednesday, January 8, 2014

Reflection Haiku: An Ode To Travel

I.
Doubts and fear rising,
Threatening cancellation.
My wavering faith.

II.
Going wrong ways in
Airports before finding your
Smile waiting on me.

III.
Multitude of firsts,
Some things more than expected.
Not always bad though.

IV.
Footsteps headed your
Direction. Where does this path
Lead? The promised land?

V.
Time to move along.
The fat lady's sung her song.
Feelings in the wind.

VI.
Wheels up and eyelids
Down. I don't see til on the
Ground. Feet still floating.

VII.
Days pass faithfully.
Pics remind of yesterday.
Seems like just a dream.

VIII.
Washing away scents
Remembered by locs of hair.
Memories draining.

Copyright © 2014 Natasha Guy

2 comments:

  1. II.
    Going wrong ways in
    Airports before finding your
    Smile waiting on me.

    This was my favorite out of the series. Something about the incredibly common hamster-in-a-maze feeling of traversing through a crowded airport ending in the relieving feeling of being picked up by a loved one is a very warm and endearing feeling and you've conveyed that well here.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Too many things about this haiku that I like!

    ReplyDelete