Friday, July 11, 2014

Backlogged Poem #1

SLIVERS

There are still parts of me
With your name scribbled on them.
You took them from me with
Promises of protection and care.
Now, I’ve been stripped bare,
Pieces of me missing,
Left by the way side,
Wasting in the scorching sun.

You haven’t returned them,
Even in used condition,
But just discarded them
And all of their meaning too.
You recklessly claimed inches
Of me and forgot to simply
Erase your name on your
Way out of my heart.

The loc you intertwined
With intent and attention
Now hangs as a heavy reminder.
The spot you discovered
And marked with your thumb
Is like an old brand that
Reignites with the fires of desire.
Ones you no longer choose to douse.

I’ve changed,
Acknowledged,
Cried,
Detested,
Caressed,
And exhausted myself
In efforts to regain
The territories you marked.

I’m rebuilding, little by little.
I’m surviving, stronger every day.
Soon, I’ll be whole again.
Free from your forgotten graffiti.

Copyright © 2014 Natasha Guy

No comments:

Post a Comment