Saturday, July 12, 2014

Backlogged Poem #3

To The One I Love

Our frustrations seem to mirror each other,
Still reflections of one another despite the distance,
Stemming from extremely different places though.

My frustration comes from confusion and being
Blocked from clarity that I’ve requested time after time.
I’m stuck with questions that plague me without your answers.

You, on the other hand, seem to be pushing to still occupy the
Place I once said was yours, when I thought you understood,
When I thought we were feeling things on a similar level.

You cannot live in the same spot in my heart
When you continually ransack your surroundings.
I’m strong, but not wholly invincible or indestructible.

I bleed.
I cry.
I crumble.

I know that I can recover from a broken heart
And return to a state where I welcome love again.
I know because I was able to open my heart to you.

Eventually, I will be able to shift your picture
From the man I’m in love with, ruler of my heart,
To one of the man I love, a cherished friend.

Unfortunately, I’m still in limbo for now.
But I’m steadily crossing the great divide,
Towing cargo of my feelings and memories with me.

I’ll make it across and feel victorious when I do.
I’m just hoping that you won’t halt my progress
By tugging on my heart strings before I disconnect from you.

I will breathe.
I will survive.
I will love again.

As for now…
I’m still in love you.


Copyright © 2014 Natasha Guy

No comments:

Post a Comment