Thursday, January 29, 2015

Insomniac Poetry

The Truth of The Matter

If I was honest,
I couldn't count how many times
Within a day you crossed my mind,
Because the thought of you is like
A hamster on red bull
With a battery pack on its back      
On a motorized Wheel...wings and all.

If I was honest,
You'd know my love for you
Has only grown and never waivered
Despite my unexplained need to
Diminish its ever expanding size
In efforts to not smother you
Like a plastic bag over your head.

If I was honest
Every time you touched me, I'd
Float away on the sheer strength
Of the butterflies that automatically
Take flight within my core
When your body casually brushes
Against mine in innocent connections.


If I were honest
About why I shy away from the simple
Contact more than I embrace it,
You'd probably sigh and mutter,
"This again? Really?" Before rolling
Your eyes and shaking your head.

If I were honest,
You would know how much you still
Inspire me to broaden my horizons
And chase my dreams with sincerity
While watching you grow on your own
And become more of the man you've
Always desired to be.

If I were honest...
Let's be honest...
I'm still in love with you.

Copyright © 2015 Natasha Guy

No comments:

Post a Comment