Wednesday, April 29, 2015

More National Poetry Month Pieces


Lock & Key

Did I make a mistake in loving you?
They say we learn from our mistakes
But every day, this is one I repeat.
I choose you over and over...you.

You are the key to so much
My heart, my ambition, myself.
A lock without a key is forever
Either opened or closed...out of order.

They key has the right combination
Of nooks and crannies to change
The lock as the need dictates.
Open to me. Secure my treasures.

You are the only one who's been
Able to slide into my chamber
And fit comfortably while still
Pushing and pulling. Changing me.

While my outside remained quite
Stagnant, you toyed with my
Inner workings, conforming them to
Your intricate design and rigidity.

I need you, want you, to open me
Up and twist my insides. Please?



Untitled

It kills me
(Laughably)
To see you beg
For the attention
You once threw
Away.
I hope you live
And learn to
Cherish what you have
When you have it;
Not waiting to see
That your grass
Used to be greener
Once you see it in
A different light
That also illuminates
The “Keep Off The
Grass” sign
Erected in your
“Honor”.


Copyright © 2015 Natasha Guy

No comments:

Post a Comment